Agni Mantra

Agni Mantra

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Devata Worship

Dear Sanjay,
I really appreciate your writing this to me. And I am extremely thankful to you for taking time for this.
I do some mantra chanting. Though I am not very familiar with all what you wrote. If it is all right, can you simply it and tell me specifically what I need to do?
My problem is I am terribly confused what to do in life. Everything is a blank. I am assuming that it is just a phase in my life. What I'd like to know is that will this phase be over fast. If not what kind of prayers would I need to do? I am willing to do prayers to any extent to alleviate this.
About what you just wrote, distance from relatives is a very true fact. And it is also true that I am away from my place of birth (I was born in Kuwait).
But I always assumed that I had an inclination towards Siva. I used to find peace with Siva mantras. I am not aware of any Narasimha Mantras. Can you let me know something on that?
Again, I really appreciate your taking time on this and I don't
know how to thank you.
With warms regards,
Bob


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar@gmail.com>
Date: Apr 4, 2006 10:01 PM
Subject: Devata Worship/Re: [vedic-astrology] Confusion...
To: vedic-astrology@yahoogroups.com


|| Om Sri Gurave Namah ||
Dear Bob and Friends,
Shankarachary has suggested to worship 5 Dieties everyday. The five dieties worshipped enhance the 5 Tatwa and 5 Lower chakras for everyday living.
the list and sequence of 5 dieties are,
1) Ganesha
2) Surya and/or Karthikeya
3) Vishnu (Any of the 10th Avatars of Vishnu mantra can be taken)
4) Shiva (Any of Shiva mantra)
5) Mother worship (Paarvati, Can be any of the 10 Mahaavidya mother forms, 8 Lakshmi or Saraswathi)
If you have Any Guru mantra recite it before the above list Else one can worship Shiva as Guru.

The above list diety forms can be exactly worshipped if you know your chart,
1) Ishta devata: The Planets in 12th from Atmakaaraka in Navamsa Else the 12th Lord. You can select the form of Vishnu if you want. This diety gives peace of mind and focus in Life.
2) Dharma Devata: The Planet in 9th from Atmakaaraka(Ak) if none then 9th lord from Ak in Navamsa. You Can select Shiva/Vishnu form. This diety gives you higher learnings and protects your path followed. Or you can select a Form of Surya.
3) Paalana Devata: The Planets in 6th house from Amaatyakaaraka (Amk) in Navamsa if none then 6th lord from Amk. Preferably Select a Mother form of diety indicated by Graha.
4) Bhraatri Kaaraka: Look at Bhraatri kaaraka position itself in Navamsa. Select a form of Shiva or one of the forms of Guru.

For all above look in Navamsa, Since Navamsa indicates the 9th house signification and Tapasya (Penance), Dharma etc comes from 9th.

5) Bhakti Bhaava: Look the planets in 5th (Bhakti Bhaava) in Rashi, If not planets look at aspects on the 5th in Raashi, If none then select the 5th Lord. This Graha may indicate your natural Bhakti tendency. malefics may reduces bhakti and natural mental inclination. Look for this in Raashi chart as this will give you idea as to what is obtructing and natural inclinations in you. Example Venus/Moon influence in 5th may give Mother form of worship etc.

As an Example in Bob's Chart. Every day he can spend some time in the following worship. you can keep the following images and read about the dieties in internet for stories.

1) Worship Ganesha (Will help in Ishta and Dharma Devata)
2) Worship Surya (do surya namaskaara or light lamp), this will help in his Dharma devata. As the 9th from Ak is ruled by Surya in Navamsa.
3) Worship Narasimha Devata, Keep a man-Lion form of Vishnu photo at altar (this will help his Ishta devata as Narasimha deva rules mars, the 12th lord from Ak)
4) Worship you regular Shiva mantra, This will help his Dharma Devata. As Shiva is indicate by Surya and it's 9th lord from Ak.
(It's seen that since his 5th house is aspected by Surya andJupiter) His natural inclination is to worship Surya. Hence His dharma is increasing.
5) Worship Lakshmi, Venus rules his Paalana devi. This worship will give him good work. Also it's seen that Venus gives rashi drishti to 5th, But conjunction with Rahu may give him some trouble in understanding Lakshmi.


Warm Regards
Sanjay P

Hare Rama Krishna

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you please also write about the different forms of Lord Shiva or Lord Vishnu that are specific to different rashis? That will be very helpful. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

In fact, I meant different planets, instead of different rashis. Thanks.

SUDARSHAN SHARMA said...

My D.O.B. is 09-03-1986
Time:12:00 in afternoon
Place Jaipur-Rajasthan-INDIA.
Question
MY Isht Dev Main Planet and
When will I get a job and marriage.
-Regards
Sudarshan.

vipin said...

Whom to worship if Venus is the Dharma Devta....which lord is represented by Venus

SUN-J said...

great stuff Sanjay...Rather interesting blog u have there. I also have an active blog www.suryavrata.blogspot.com would be happy to share more information of surya upasana and related stuff...
Regards- sunjay

Anonymous said...

sonnufflMy Ishta-devata planet is Shukra, so I feel that Sri Laksmi is the proper deity to recite mantras/prayers to.

My Dharma-devata planet is Kuja, is this Narasimha or Hanuman deity for worship??

My Palana-devata is Guru. Which deity can this be? Which form?

Namaste